Monday, June 3, 2024

7 Up Biscuits

 I made these last week for National Biscuit Day. I found this recipe and wanted to try it to see if they are as good as the butter swim biscuits. I’ll save my results for the end. 


They share looks good. Time to get out some jelly.


The recipe is called 7 Up. It you can use Sprite or any other lemon lime drink.one reason I wanted to try these is that I am more likely to have a Sprite in my fridge than buttermilk.


Measure out 4 Tablespoons butter.


I cut in in smaller pieces and out in the bottom of an 8x8 baking dish. Place in the oven while you are preheating to 425. Watch the butter and take out when melted. You don’t want it to turn brown.


Now measure out 2 1/4 cups Bisquick or other baking mix.


Place in a bowl.


Measure out 1/2 cup sour cream. My sour cream is light.it didn’t seem to make a difference.


Add the sour cream and use a pastry cutter or two forks or something like that to cut I. The sour cream u til it is incorporated into the biscuit mix. The dough will be sticky and rough. 


Measure out a 1/2 cup Sprite.

It will fizz. Stir in.

Measure out another 1/4 cup biscuit mix.


Add about half to the countertop.


Turn the dough out and add the rest on top of the dough.


Kneed it around a few times until well incorporated.


Pat out into a square. Make it more of a square than I did.i made the mistake of getting in a hurry.


The dish with the melted butter.


Cut them in 9 pieces. It would have helped if I had been more uniform in my square.


Add them to the pan. I think I might do more like the butter swim biscuits and out the batter in the pan and hen cut it into biscuits. Place in the oven for 15-16 minutes until the tops gets brown.


They might could have been a little more brown but I was ready for dinner.


Add some jelly and they were very good.

Now how did they compare to the butter swim biscuits. The first thing I noticed was that they did not rise as much as the butter swim. The 4 teaspoons of baking powder really made them rise. Other than that they were pretty similar. I will probably make these again especially if I want biscuits and I don’t have buttermilk. They were good reheated the next two mornings as well.

7 Up Biscuits Recipe

4 Tablespoons butter

2 1/2 cups Bisquick divided

1/2 cup sour cream

1/2 cup 7 Up or Sprite

Preheat oven to 425 and melt butter in pan. Bake for 15-16 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment