Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

 I was looking for one more cookies for this holiday season. I wanted something with oatmeal and chocolate chips. I had some of both that needed to be used. So this recipe popped up. It is a King Arthur Flour 2015 Recipe of the Year. This recipe was created by Cookies for Kid’s Cancer. They are made as a fundraiser for the program. With those kind of credentials I knew I had to make them. Then later that evening after I had baked hem my husband tells me they are his favorites that I have made this year. So give this recipe a try. It’s very easy to make. 


Look at all those chocolate chips.

These are pretty much a basic chocolate chip cookies but they are a little elevated.


Start with two sticks of softened butter.


I cup brown sugar


1/2 cup sugar. Mix those together until nice and fluffy.


And 1 egg and 1 yolk to the butter mixture.

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon baking soda

3/4 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon vanilla. Mix all that together.

2 cups plain flour. Add a little at a time. You don’t want flour all over you and the kitchen. 

1 cup oats. These are old fashioned oats. But you can use quick oats if that is what you have. Mix everything well. It’s going to be thick.


Now for the good stuff. 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips. Make sure they get mixed throughout.

Look at all those chips. That is what makes them so good.
My test cookies. Place them in a preheated 325 oven. Bake for 12-17 minutes.


Scooped these while the test cookies were in the oven. These go in the freezer.

They smell so good.

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies Recipe

2 sticks softened butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups plain flour
1 cup oats
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
3 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 325. Bake for 12-17 minutes.




No comments:

Post a Comment