Thursday, December 7, 2023

Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies

 Another new cookie for this holiday season. This one has the classic flavors of chocolate and caramel. Kraft caramel bits makes this recipe easy to make. I wish I had thought of using sea salt instead of regular salt to up the flavors a little bit.


Can’t wait to dive into the sample cookies. No I’m not going to eat all four I plan on sharing.


Be sure to look for the caramel bits. I think I found these at Walmart. 

Just like with most of the cookie recipes start with 2 sticks softened butter.
Add 1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar. Mix all of this together until nice and fluffy.


Add 2 teaspoons vanilla

2 eggs and mix everything well.

Add 1 teaspoon baking soda


1/2 teaspoon salt. I used regular salt but I think next time I would use sea salt.

Gradually add 2 1/2 cups plain flour
1 cup mini chocolate chips

1 cup Kraft caramel bits

Everything all mixed up.


My test cookies are read to be put in a preheated 375 oven.  Bake for 8-10 minutes. I think I might bake them at 350 next time. It might take a minute or so longer but I think they will bake better.


These are going into the cookie freezer.

Hit and fresh from the oven. The melty chocolate and caramel are so good.

Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
2 sticks softened butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups plain flour
1 cup mini chocolate chips
1 cup Kraft caramel bits

Preheat oven to 350-375 whichever you want. Bake for 8-11 minutes. You may need to adjust the time. Watch your cookies.


No comments:

Post a Comment