Thursday, July 30, 2020

Walking Taco Casserole

I will admit I have not made many new things during our quarantined time.  I think we just wanted some familiar comfort foods.  I am beginning to find recipes that are new that I want to try.  Yesterday I brought you the sopapillas and today I am bringing you the main dish that I had the same night.  This is a variation of a regular taco salad that I make a lot.  So this was a welcome change. 
You can add all your favorite taco toppings to the casserole.  I don't like tomatoes so mine doesn't have any.  I will say I think it was a fan favorite because there was nothing left.
Use chili cheese fritos but if you don't like those or can't find them you can use regular fritos.
The recipe did not call for onions but I have to put onions in everything.  Use don't use them it is up to you. Sauté them until they are soft.
Add the ground beef and brown.  I always drain the ground beef well.
Add two packages of taco seasoning.
Add the amount of water that your package of taco season requires.
Mix well.
Put the bag of fritos in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
Top with the ground beef mixture.
Cover with Fiesta blend shredded cheese.  Place in a 350 oven for 15-20 minutes or the cheese is nice and bubbly.  I didn't get a chance to take a picture fresh from the oven because we were ready to dive in.
Then top with your favorites: tomatoes, lettuce, sour cream, taco sauce, or salsa.

Walking Taco Casserole Recipe

1 9.25 ounce bag of chili cheese fritos
2 lbs ground beef
onion
2 packets of taco seasoning
2 cups shredded fiesta blend cheese

Preheat oven 350 bake for 15-20 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment