Friday, November 29, 2019

White Chocolate Peppermint Cake Mix Cookies

Yes another cake mix cookie.  But the reason I baked this one was the peppermint.  I love peppermint, especially at Christmas.  I changed the recipe just a little bit in that I didn't use crushed candy canes.  I used the peppermint chunks that are available in the bag like chocolate chips. Part of the reason I did this was because the cane chips can get gummy when baked.  The peppermint chunks melt more evenly but still has that peppermint flavor you love.  So there are two options for you.

The smell of these peppermint cookies just says Christmas. 
I will admit I was a little concerned with making these cookies with cream cheese in them.  As some of you know I make my cookies and freeze them.  So I had to test these cookies after they were frozen to make sure the texture held up and it did.
Start with a white cake mix.
Add 1/3 cup water
3 egg whites
4 oz softened cream cheese. Mix well.  Now once again I made a double batch of these cookies because otherwise I won't use that extra 4 oz of cream cheese.  I have saved extra cream cheese before and I always forget about it.  So I doubled my recipe.
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup all purpose flour.  Mix well.
4 large candy canes crushed.  I added 1/4 cup and a little extra of the peppermint pieces.
1/2 cup white chocolate chips.
If your dough seems a little sticky add a little more flour.  I added 1 Tablespoon and that seemed to make it less sticky.
It is a pretty dough that smells good too.
This is one recipe scooped and ready for the freezer.  When ready to bake place in a preheated 350 oven and bake for 12-14 minutes.
And enjoy.

White Chocolate Peppermint Cake Mix Cookies

1 box white cake mix
1/3 cup oil
3 egg whites
4 oz softened cream cheese
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup all purpose flour, add more if it is needed
4 large candy canes crushed or 1/4 cup peppermint pieces
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350.  Bake for 12-14 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment