Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Sugar Plum Fairy Cookies

It's cookie time again!!!  I am starting out this year's cookies with a cute fun little cookie that young and old alike with enjoy.  This cookie takes a couple of shortcuts and there is nothing wrong with that.  These would be great to cook up with your own little Sugar Plum.

You really can't tell as much from the picture but they are a beautiful purple color.

So this recipe called for half the boxes of jello so I doubled the recipe.  I am only showing you the ingredients for a single recipe.

A single recipe calls for 1 stick of softened butter.  This was the ingredient from the cookie mix.
Add one egg.  Mix those well until they are fluffy.
For a single recipe add half of the 3 oz box of Berry Blue jello.  Now you see why I doubled it.  I don't have another use for half a box of jello.
Add half the cherry jelly.
Mix that well.  Not a very pretty color right now.
Add the 17.5 oz sugar cookie mix
Add 2 Tablespoons water
The color is better.
Now scoop the dough.
Roll in sanding sugar.  I ended up using a couple different colors that I had on hand.
Put on a parchment lined baking sheet.  Place in a 375 preheated oven and bake for 11-14 minutes.  The cookies will spread.
Here is my try headed for the freezer.  See I have different colors.
But they are fun make and fun to eat.  Maybe for a Nutcracker ballet party?

Sugar Plum Fairy Cookie Recipe

17.5 oz sugar cookie mix with ingredients from mix.
1/2 of a 3 oz box cherry jello
1/2 of a 3 oz box of Berry Blue jello
2 Tablespoon water
sugar or sanding sugar

Preheat oven to 375 and bake for 11-14 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment