Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Corndogs

Okay I know these don't look pretty but homemade corndogs sure are good.  Just don't forget to turn them and let them get a little too brown.  Homemade corndogs are great for football season.
For some reason I have a hard time getting my batter to stick to the hot dog.  I get more of a blob, but it's a good blob.
It uses typical ingredients that you probably already have.
Start with 1/2 cup milk
Add an egg
Whisk the egg well.
Add 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
2 Tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
Pepper
Salt
Add the wet ingredients to the dry.
Mix well.
Next time I will roll the hot dog in flour first to make the batter stay on better. I cut the hot dogs in half to try and help dip the better.
Add to hot oil and fry a couple of minutes on the first side then turn.
Finish frying all of them up.   Serve with some mustard.

Corndog Recipe
1 cup oil
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
2 Tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoon baking powder
salt and pepper
1/2 cup milk
1 egg

No comments:

Post a Comment