Monday, October 30, 2017

Pumpkin Pie Spice Kettle Corn

If you like kettle corn you will love this fall flavor favorite.  You will have to make a special trip to Kroger to make this recipe but it is worth it. 
I know kettle corn is not everyone's favorite and you could leave the extra sugar out if you just want pumpkin pie spice pop corn. 

The Land of Lakes pumpkin pie spice butter can only be found at Kroger.  I had looked for it at different stores when I would be shopping and never found it.  Then I went on line and looked to see who was carrying it.  If you live outside Alabama you might have another store that carries it too.
Measure out 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
1 Tablespoon oil.  I think I would use coconut oil next time.
Place the kernels in the pan.
Make sure they get coated with the oil.  There's not a lot of oil in the pan.  Cover and turn eye to medium heat.
While the corn is heating up measure out 1/4 cup of the butter
3 Tablespoons sugar.  I would not use that much next time.  I thought it was too much.
1/2 teaspoon salt.  I wouldn't use as much salt either.
After the first kernels start popping add the butter.  Swirl around until it melts good. Recover and continue popping.
When the popping slows add the salt and sugar.
Cover the pot and shake it well to mix the sugar and salt. Let it finish popping.
Then enjoy your nice fall treat.

Pumpkin Pie Spice Kettle Corn Recipe

1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 cup popcorn kernels
1/4 cup Land of Lakes Pumpkin Pie Spice butter spread
3 Tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup red skin peanuts.  I did not add these but feel free to add if you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment