Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Dark Chocolate Halloween Chip Cookies

I really enjoyed having those cookies in the freezer during the summer.  So I have put a couple of fall cookies in the freezer lately.  It's nice to be able to bake some fresh cookies when you need or want some.  Today I am sharing the dark chocolate ones. 

These dark chocolate ones remind me of the lumps of coal Christmas cookies I make. 
Sorry for the dark picture.  I was having lighting problems in the kitchen.  Too much sun coming in through the sky lights.
Start with two sticks softened butter.
Add 1 cup sugar and 2/3 cup brown sugar to the butter.  Whip until fluffy.
Add 2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
This recipe calls for the special dark cocoa.
2/3 cup of the Hershey's special dark cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups all purpose flour.
Mix well.  That is a rich dark batter.
Add 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup mini Reese's Pieces baking candies
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips.  The recipe calls for the Nestle Halloween baking chips. I had seen them until I needed them.  So I just used regular semi sweet chocolate chips.
That is a chip filled cookie dough.
I scooped them out and put them in the freezer to get firm. 
Then when I need some I got some out.  Baked in a preheated 350 oven for about 8-10 minutes. If you like you could add a few extra chips on top.
And enjoy.

 Dark Chocolate Halloween Chip Cookies Recipe

2 cups all purpose flour
2/3 cup Hershey special dark cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup softened butter
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup Nestle Halloween baking chips or semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter chips
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup mini Reese's Pieces baking candies
Preheat oven 350.  Bake for 8-10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment