Thursday, September 28, 2017

Red Velvet Gooey Butter Cookies

I know you hear this a lot but you know it is football season and I am always looking for red velvet items for our game day snacks. This was a very easy cookie to mix up before the big game.  During this time of year always keep at least one box of red velvet cake mix in the pantry because there are so many uses for it. 
Cake mix cookies are so easy and good.
You only need a few ingredients.
Start with one softened stick of butter and a softened 8 oz block of cream cheese.
I'm using my new spatula that I bought at Paula Deen's place.
Whip this until nice and fluffy.
Add one egg
1 teaspoon vanilla.  I used my vanilla bean paste.
See all the little specs of vanilla bean.
Now add the cake mix.  Mix well.
Add 1 cup white chocolate chips.
Mix well.
Get out the cookie scoop
Scoop on a parchment lined cookie sheet.  Place in a preheated 350 oven and bake for about 10-12 minutes.
The tops will be a little gooey still when they are done. 
And enjoy on game day.  You might have to enjoy one after every touchdown.

Red Velvet Gooey Butter Cookies Recipe

1 box Red Velvet Cake mix
8 oz softened cream cheese
1/2 cup softened butter
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup white chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350.  Bake for 10-12 minutes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment