Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Crockpot French Dip Sandwiches

Football season has started with a bang.  We are always looking for some easy, but tasty foods for our game day meals.  This meal actually took place on Labor Day but there was a good game that night too.  This was so easy.  Just throw a couple of things in the crock pot and forget about it. You can dress the sandwiches up with some peppers and onions or just cheese.  Whatever you like.  But I do think you will like this sandwich. 

There is nothing better than red peppers.  They added such a nice sweetness to the peppers and onions I added to this sandwich. 
It doesn't get any easier than three cans of soup.
I decided I would mess up another dish by mixing the soups. This is two cans of French onion soup.
Add one can beef consommé to the French onion.
Mix it up a little bit.
I always use these crock pot liners.  They make clean up so much easier and they make your crock pot look like new.  Add the chuck roast to the pan.
Salt and pepper it a little bit.
Pour the soup mixture on top.
Make sure the top is covered well.  Cover and cook on low for about 8 hours.  You want the meat to fall apart.
When the meat is close to done you might want to sauté some peppers and onions.
The onions are ready to go.
I wanted a mix of the red and green peppers.
Here is the roast after 8 hours.
Now it is time to shred the meat.
I could have put it back in the crock pot but I didn't want to have to fish it back out since I was shredding it into small pieces.
Now for the good part.
I lightly toasted the bread on my grill pan.  Then I put the bottom piece on a cookie sheet lined with foil.  The foil makes it easy to clean up.  I'm big on easy of cleanup.
Peppers and onions are ready.
Meat is ready.
Put the meat on the bun.
Add peppers and onions on top.
A couple slices of cheese in this case provolone cheese.  Put under the broiler to melt the cheese.
Top it with the top piece of bread and enjoy.  It was so good.

Crockpot French Dip Sandwiches Recipe

1 can beef consommé
2 cans French onion soup
1 chuck roast
Cook in crock pot on low for 8 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment