Monday, September 25, 2017

2 Ingredient Crock Pot Apple Butter

As most of you know it is apple season.  This year's crop seems to be pretty good.  Last week I went with a friend to find apples at a local orchard.  We weren't disappointed.  I came home with Winesap and Fuji apples with visions of all kinds of good stuff to make.  I had seen this recipe for apple butter and I really wanted to try it.  I have never made apple butter before so I wasn't completely sure about it, but this recipe couldn't be any easier.  I think you will like it.  
So while the apple butter was cooking I made some homemade bread to go with it.  It was really good on the warm bread.
All you need for this recipe is apples and cinnamon.
Cut and core you apples.  The main reason I decided to try this recipe is that you don't have to peel the apples. The peels have a lot of fiber in them right?  So why peel them off.
Fill your crock pot as full as you want.  I used a mixture of these two types of apples.  I also used the liner.  You know cleanup is important.  Cover and cook for 4 hours on HIGH.
After one hour.  Stir the apples.
After two hours.  Stir the apples. They are still a little firm.
After three hours. Stir.  They are getting soft.
After four hours. They are really soft now.
I stirred and mashed them with my spoon.
Now scoop them into a blender.
Blend them until they are smooth.
Doesn't that look good.
Pour them back into the crock pot.
Add about 3 teaspoons of cinnamon to the apples.  Stir well.  Cover and cook another hour on high.
At the end of that hour the apple butter is ready to sample.  Now it will be really hot.  So let it cook for a few minutes.
I made some bread but biscuits would be good as well.
It was so good.  It was a little sweet-tart.  So easy, but oh so good.  Apple season is so good.

Crock Pot Apple Butter Recipe

Your favorite apples
Crock pot
3 teaspoons cinnamon

Cut apples and add to crock pot.  Cook 4 hours on high.  Stir after each hour.  Blend in blender.  Cook another hour on high after adding 3 teaspoon cinnamon.



No comments:

Post a Comment