Friday, September 29, 2017

Crock Pot Boiled Peanuts

Today's recipe half of you will love and the other half with hate.  That is how it is with boiled peanuts. But to me boiled peanuts are a sure sign that fall is here.  I love them but my husband hates them.  I have friends that think they are slimy.  Now I will admit some are.  These were not.  This is an easy no fuss way to make them.  Cook up a batch before the games tomorrow.

Nothing better than warm boiled peanuts. 
This is all you need to get started.  Make sure your peanuts are green.
Add 1/3 cup kosher salt to the crock pot.  Yes I lined it.
Then add 2 quarts of water.
Stir to dissolve the salt.
Rinse the peanuts.
Then add them to the pot.  Stir well. Cover.  Cook on high for 5-6 hours.
After 5 hours I checked them.  Almost done.
At the end of 6 hours this is what they looked like.
I poured them back in the strainer.
Then scooped up to enjoy during the game.

Crock Pot Boiled Peanuts Recipe

2 lbs green peanuts
2 quarts water
1/3 cup kosher salt
Cook for 5-6 hours on high.

No comments:

Post a Comment