Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Copycat Disney Dole Whip

If you have been to one of the Disney parks I know you have tried the Dole Whip.  It is like soft serve  pineapple ice cream.  Well you can make it at home without a ice cream freezer.  It is very easy to make and doesn't take long to make, just a little muscle power. You need to try this at home soon to have a little taste of Disney at home.
Put your dishes in the fridge or freezer while you are making this so that they will be cold and it will help keep the whip from melting faster.
 You can use unsweetened almond milk or regular milk.  Next time I will try it with my regular 2% milk.
 I used 1/2 cup of the almond milk. Put this in the bottom of the blender.
 This is a 20 oz can of pineapple chunks that I removed from the juice and froze.  You can also buy frozen pineapple at the store.  I am going to do that next.
 I added about a Tablespoon of honey.  It could have used a little more.  Okay this is where some trial and error to blend it.  I started in the blender.  Now unless you have a high powered blender it will really struggle.
 So I took some of the chunks out and used my hand blender.  It really worked well.
 I kept trying with the blender but when it made a really bad noise I stopped.
 So I put all of it in a glass container and continued to mix with the hand blender.  It takes a little while. The more you blend the more air is fluffed into the whip.
 It is all chopped up and well blended.
Time to serve.  If you have time and want to you can put in a pastry bag and pipe a pretty swirl into the bowl.  It will make it melt faster with all that handling.   Close your eyes and you can almost imagine you are at Disney.

Copycat Disney Dole Whip Recipe

1/2 cup almond milk or milk of your choice
20 oz can drained can of pineapple chunks frozen
1 Tablespoon honey


No comments:

Post a Comment