Monday, May 9, 2016

Cheesy Chicken and Rice Bake


It seems like I have been using rice a lot in my recipes lately.  You will see in the coming days.  I think you will like this recipe.  It is very easy to put together and doesn't take long.  You can substitute brown rice for the white rice if you like.  I would have but I was out of my brown rice.  Also if you want to pick up a precooked chicken at the store you could use that as well. Something I did right before we tore out our kitchen a couple of years ago was cook several chicken breast at one time.  Go ahead a shred them and freeze them in freezer bags.  All you had to do was take them out and thaw.  That is a big time saver as well. Just something to think about. 

Yes we used our Star Wars plates that evening. 
The recipe called for green chilies.  They are not normally spicy.  I did not have green chilies but I did have a can of jalapeños.  I used those.  It did add some heat to this dish.  I half and half I think would be really good. I might try that next time.
I cooked and cut up two chicken breast.  Add 3/4 cup frozen corn to that.
One can drained and rinsed black beans.
4 cups cooked rice
1 cup sour cream
can of green chilies
1/2 cup salsa
Mix well.
Mix in one cup of grated cheese.
Stir well.
Add to a casserole dish.  Add some cheese to the top.  Place in a preheated 350 oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
While it was baking I went out to my herb garden for some cilantro.
I have planted some new things this year.  Purple basil.
My fresh cilantro.
After I have washed it I put it in my little herb, I don't know what to exactly call it.
Put the leaves in.
Close it and then...
Casserole is out.
Dish it up.
Then sprinkle with fresh cilantro.  My husband took leftovers for lunch with some flour tortillas and he said it was good wrapped up in them as well.  So another way to enjoy the leftovers.

Cheesy Chicken and Rice Bake Recipe
2 chicken breast
4 cups cooked rice
3/4 cup frozen corn
1 can black beans
1 cup sour cream
1 can green chilies
1/2 cup salsa
1 cup cheese
cilantro

Preheat oven to 350.  Bake 20-25 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment