Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Chocolate Strawberry Parfait

It's strawberry time again.  This is one of my favorite time of the year. The strawberries this year are so good. Big and sweet.  This is an easy quick recipe that spotlights the strawberry.  I actually made half the recipe for the chocolate creme.  So I only made two parfaits.  The recipe I include will be the whole recipe.

This makes a pretty dessert.  Add a strawberry and mint leaf for garnish. 
 What makes this so quick is that it uses a frozen pound cake.  If you have a homemade pound cake sitting around use that but if not the Sara Lee pound cake works really well.
 Start with 4oz (8oz) softened cream cheese and  1/2 (whole) stick softened butter.
 Whip well.  Then add 1/2 (1) teaspoon of vanilla.  Also throw in a dash of salt.
 Then add 1 1/2 (3) cups powdered sugar
 This was interesting.  I needed 1/2 of 1/3 cup of cocoa powder.  So I eyeballed half of my 1/3 cup measuring cup.
 1/2 (1) Tablespoon milk or heavy cream.
 Mix well.  I then added the creme to a pastry bag with a star tip.  You can use any tip actually.
 Put a little of the creme on bottom of the dish.  I used two of my ice tea glasses.
 Then slice a couple of slices of the pound cake.
 Cut into cubes
 Drop that on top of the creme.
 Then add a little more creme.
 Chop up some strawberries.  No need for sprinkling sugar on them either.  This is what took the longest amount of time.  Put as many strawberries as you like in there.
 Add more poundcake cubes.
 Top with the rest of the creme.
 Add some chocolate sprinkles on top and a sliced strawberry. Place in the fridge until ready to eat.
I added the mint leaf when it was time to serve.


Chocolate Strawberry Parfait Recipe

8 oz softened cream cheese
1/2 cup softened butter
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup cocoa powder
salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 Tablespoon milk or heavy cream

No comments:

Post a Comment