Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Georgia Peach Pound Cake

We were in Georgia the other weekend and I was on a search for peaches and it proved harder than I thought.  On the way home I finally found some.  I needed to make an easy to eat cake for election day and this was perfect.
A basic pound cake recipe with peaches.
Start with 2 softened sticks of butter
2 cups sugar
Beat well until nice and fluffy
Add 4 eggs one at a time beating after each one.
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups all purpose flour
2 cups chopped peaches
Sprinkle the peaches with about 2 Tablespoons flour
Toss
Added to the batter
I like making bundt cakes but I hate this part.  I am always afraid that I will not grease and flour it enough and it won't come out of the pan.  This recipe says to grease it with butter and then dust with sugar.  I was afraid I couldn't get the butter to do right so I used butter flavored shortening and then the sugar.
Evenly pour the batter in the pan. Place in a preheated 325 oven and bake for 60-70 minutes.
When it comes out of the oven let it sit in the pan for about 10 minutes.  Before inverting the pan run a knife around the edge and then beat on the pan a little to break it loose.
And it came out all in one piece!!!

Georgia Peach Pound Cake Recipe

1 cup butter softened
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups fresh peaches chopped

Preheat oven to 325.  Bake for 60-70 minutes.


















No comments:

Post a Comment