Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Dark Chocolate Cherry Oatmeal Cookies

Boy am I behind on my blogging.  This recipe is from a couple of weeks ago.  I went with some friends to Amish country.  This was my first trip there and it was a lot of fun. The Amish live a very simple life if not a hard one.  Anyway, I made these cookies to take with us for an afternoon snack.  I had some fresh cherries that needed to be used and this was a perfect blend of dark chocolate and sweet cherries.

I am trying something a little different this time. I am showing you what they are suppose to look like first.
I know it looks like a lot of ingredients but they are easy and taste really good.  I will say this my cherry pitter has been put to good use this summer.
Start with 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cardamon.  If I make these again I will leave the cardamon out.  I use cardamon in my gingerbread cookies but thought it gave the cookies an unusual taste.  So if you don't have it don't worry about getting some for this recipe.
1 stick melted butter
1 egg. Mix that well.
1/4 cup milk
Mix well.
1 3/4 cups rolled oats (old fashioned)
1 cup dark chocolate chips.  If you do not have dark chocolate or they are not your favorite you could use other chips.
1 cup diced fresh cherries
Mix well.
I used a cookie scoop to scoop out dough onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.  Place in a preheated 350 oven.  Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Let sit on the cookie sheet for about 5 minutes.


The finished cookies.  All that warm chocolate and cherries are so good together.

Dark Chocolate Cherry Oatmeal Cookies Recipe

1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cardamom
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1/2 cup melted butter
1/4 cup milk
1 3/4 cups rolled oats
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1 cup diced fresh cherries
Preheat ove 350. Bake 10-12 minutes.













No comments:

Post a Comment