Monday, March 18, 2024

Cherries in the Snow

 Yes I’m back with a recipe finally. This is the best little recipe. It’s light and airy. You can make it ahead of time. You can even change it up and make it blueberries in the snow if you must or any other fruit flavor. It’s great for a pot luck or a family gathering. Whatever you do try it soon.


Isn’t it pretty.

I used the reduced fat versions of the ingredients to help out a little bit.


Start with a softened 8 oz brick of cream cheese.


Add 1/2 cup of milk and 1/2 of powdered sugar.


Mix those items well. Make sure there are no cream cheese lumps.


Now fold in 12 oz thawed whipped cream. Now one little tub is 8 oz. I had to run to the store to get some more so keep that in mind.


It’s all folded in now.


The recipe calls for 9 inch round angel food cake. I use to see and buy the round angel food cakes. I couldn’t find one. I found the loafs at Walmart so I bought two to have enough cake. Cut the cake into cubes.


Add the cubes to the mixture and stir them well.


Pour it into a 9x 13 baking dish. This one is a little oversized. I used it to make sure I had enough room.


Then spread two cans of cherry pie filling on the top and spread it out. Put it in the fridge at least for a couple hours if not overnight.

Cherries in the Snow Recipe

1 9 inch angel food cake

8 oz softened cream cheese

1/2 cup powdered sugar

1/2 cup milk

12 oz cool whip

2 cans cherry pie filling


No comments:

Post a Comment