Thursday, October 21, 2021

Julie's Hot Chicken Salad

 






Last summer our cousin gave me this recipe.  Recently I had a chance to make it and I will make it again.  It was really easy to put together and very tasty.

Sorry I didn't get a picture before we dug in. 
Not a lot of things you might not keep in your pantry. Celery might be the only thing you don't have on hand. 
Start with 1 1/2 cups mayo.  I used light. 
2 cans of cream of soups.  You can use any combination of chicken, mushroom and celery.  Whatever yo like.  I used one of chicken and one of celery.  But if I didn't have celery then another chicken or even mushroom would do fine. 
1 cup slivered almonds
The recipe calls for 4 Tablespoons minced onion.  I chose to use a small chopped onion. 
1 cup diced celery. 
4 chicken breast or 1 whole chicken cooked and cut up.
Now I made this ahead of time and the recipe also calls for 1 cup of cornflakes added to the mixture.  I didn't want it to get soggy so I did not put the cornflakes inside.
Instead I put the full 2 cups of cornflakes on top when I was ready to put in the oven. 
Melt 2 Tablespoons of butter 
Pour the melted butter on top of the cornflakes.  Then place in a preheated 325 oven.  Bake for 30-45 minutes.
Then enjoy!


Julie's Hot Chicken Salad Recipe
4 chicken breast or 1 whole chicken cooked and cut up
1 1/2 cups mayo
1 cup diced celery
4 Tablespoons minced onion
2 cans cream of soups--chicken, mushroom or celery
1 cup slivered almonds
2 cups cornflakes
2 Tablespoon melted butter
Bake in a preheated 325 oven for 30-45 minutes



No comments:

Post a Comment