Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Death By Chocolate Cookies

 Another new batch of cookies went into the freezer for the holidays.  This was a very easy batch to mix up.  This one starts with a cake mix as its base.  Cake mix cookies are very good and easy to make.  Keep in mind that the batter will be thick. 

Say hello to Mickey. I am enjoying using my Santa Mickey plate this year. 
Three different types of chocolate chips help make these cookies death by chocolate. 
Start with one box of devil's food cake mix.  I used Duncan Hines but you can use whatever brand you like or can find. 
Add 1/2 cup of oil
2 room temperature eggs.
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips.  Note: I made two batches of these cookies.  I did not have enough milk chocolate chips for both batches but I had a bag of espresso chips so I used 1/2 cup of those in the second batch.  So if you like espresso and you have those chips try those as well.
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips.  Mix everything together.  Like I said it will be thick and somewhat sticky.  Use a cookie scoop and your hands won't get too messy.  
This tray is ready for the freezer.  I freeze them on the tray overnight and then tomorrow I put them in zip lock labeled bags to go back into the freezer. When you are ready to bake them preheat the oven to 350 and bake for 7-9 minutes. 
I had to bake a couple to make sure they taste good. 

Death By Chocolate Cookies Recipe

1 box Devil's food cake mix
2 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup  dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350.  Bake for 7-9 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment