Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Homemade Coffee Sugar Scrub

Well now that the holidays are over and I am finished with cookie recipes for a while I can share some of the things I worked on while y'all were making cookies.  I made some different sugar scrubs for gifts this year.  I made several and I promise there will not be a 25 days of sugar scrubs.  I will try and space them out some.  This one is for the coffee lover you know.  Some people love to wake up to the smell of fresh coffee every morning so they will love this one. Winter is also a great time to make sugar scrubs because our skin seems to get really dry with the heat and fireplaces.  Try some this winter and your skin will thank you. 

This recipe make a couple of these small jars full. There might have been a little left over.  I have several small containers scattered around my bathtub as proof. 
This uses almond oil but you can use coconut oil instead especially if you have that on hand.
Start with about 1/4 cup of the almond oil.  You can add more up to a total of 1/2 cup. It is much easier to add more because you can't take away.
1 cup ground coffee
1/2 cup brown sugar
Mix this up well.
Add about 10 drops of orange essential oil to just add a little scent.
Then package up and label.
They are ready to use or give away.  You can tuck this recipe away to use next Christmas or even for Valentine's day.

Homemade Coffee Scrub Recipe

1 cup ground coffee
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4-1/2 cup almond oil--can use liquid coconut oil
10 drops orange essential oil

No comments:

Post a Comment