Thursday, June 22, 2017

Starbucks Banana Bread

We are hosting a convention here in town in a couple of weeks, more on that another day, and we will be having an open house for guest.  I needed to get some baked goods made and in the freezer while I still have some free time.  I had some bananas that needed to be used so off to Pinterest I go to find a new recipe.  This is a recipe for Starbucks banana bread.  I will be honest I have not tried the Starbucks version but the recipe sounded good so I had to try it.  The bread looks pretty with the pecans on top.

You can make this bread in a large loaf too but I like to make breads in mini loaves.
 This recipe has both pecans and walnuts in it so if you are making this for a group setting make sure that you make it known that nuts are included.
 Start with 1 cup sugar
 1/2 cup oil
 1 egg.  Mix this well.
 Add 2 Tablespoons milk
 1 teaspoon vanilla
 2 teaspoon cinnamon.  I made mine a heaping 2 teaspoons.  I like cinnamon.
 1/4 teaspoon salt
 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda.  Mix well.
 2 cups all purpose flour
 Now mash up about 3 or 4 bananas depending on the size of the bananas.  You need 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas.
 1/2 cup chopped walnuts.  Mix well.
 Spray the mini or regular loaf pans with Pam.  Fill them about 3/4 of the way full.
 Chop 1/3 cup pecans.
Sprinkle the pecans on top.  Place in a preheated 325 oven.  For the mini loaf pans I baked for about 40-45 minutes.  I started at 30 minutes and walked my way up.  Keep checking them.  If you make a big loaf bake for 60-8- minutes. 
Turn out and let cool completely.  Now I am going to freeze these so I want them to be totally cool.  Then I will wrap them well and place in a zip lock bag and place in the freezer.  Sorry I didn't cut them for you.  They smell good. 

Starbucks Banana Bread Recipe

2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cup mashed ripe bananas
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
2 Tablespoons milk
1 egg
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/3 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 325.  Mini loaves bake 30-45 minutes, Regular size loaves 60-80 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment