Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Moon Pie Banana Pudding

I'm not sure if you remember a couple of years ago I shared with you a trip to Pikeville for one of the best hamburgers in Alabama.  For the record that was a poll from al.com that voted it that.  It was a great burger though.  Also what I found there was moon pie banana pudding.  Now I have become a big fan of the banana pudding at Dreamland so I was curious about this pudding.  It was really good.  It was made with chocolate double decker moon pies.  So when I found this recipe and I had a request for banana pudding I had to try it.  Then came the search for moon pies but that is a story for another day.
It makes a pretty bowlful of goodness.
 I only found banana mini moon pies so I ended up using all 12 of the small ones.  The recipe calls for 6 double deckers.
 Start with 8 oz of softened cream cheese
 Beat that well.
 Add one can of sweetened condensed milk.  I used fat free.
 Mix that well.
 In another bowl add 2 cups milk.  I used 2 %
 Add the 5.1 oz box of instant vanilla pudding.  This is the large box.
 Mix that well until the pudding is dissolved.
 Now add the pudding to the cream cheese mixture.
 All added.
 Mix that well.  Let that sit while you cut up the moon pies.
 If you use the large moon pies you will cut them into 6 pieces but the minis I just cut in 4.
 Add about a cup or so of the pudding mixture in the bottom of your bowl.  You will need a large bowl or triffle dish for this.
 Add the cut moon pies.
 Cut three bananas and add on top.
 Add some more pudding mixture on top of the bananas.  I tried to make sure all the bananas were covered.
 Add the rest of the cut pies on top.
 Cut three more bananas on top.
 Add the rest of the pudding mixture.
Then top with the whipped cream.  Make sure everything is covered well with the whipped cream.  Then cover and place in the fridge for several hours or overnight.

Moon Pie Banana Pudding Recipe

For the filling
8 oz softened cream cheese
1 can sweetened cream cheese
2 cups milk
5.1 oz box instant vanilla pudding

For the banana pudding
6 double decker moon pies cut into pieces
6 bananas
8 oz cool whip

No comments:

Post a Comment