Thursday, May 4, 2017

May the Fourth Be With You Wookiee Cookies

I could not let May the Fourth pass without doing a Star Wars recipe.  Earlier this week I remembered I had a Star Wars cookbook.  So I went and found it on my shelf and started looking for a recipe that I could make this week.  I found this one for Wookie cookies. I think these will make a great addition to your Star Wars meal tonight. 
Even on a Star Wars plate. 

 This is a basic chocolate chip cookie recipe with an interesting addition.
 Just to show you that I am not making this up.  Here is the recipe for Wookiee Cookies.
 This is the cookbook.  If you or a member of your family is a big Star Wars fan you might want to add it to your collection.
 Now on to the recipe.  Start with two sticks of softened butter.
 1 cup brown sugar
 1/2 cup sugar.  Cream together
 Add two eggs
 1 teaspoon salt.  I might add a little less next time.
 1 teaspoon cinnamon.  This is that little something extra.
 1 teaspoon baking soda
 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour.  Mix one cup at a time.  Trust me on this.  You don't want flour all over your kitchen.
 1 cup milk chocolate chips
 1 cup semi sweet chips.  Mix well.
 Scoop up onto a parchment lined baking sheet.  Place in a preheated 375 oven. Bake for 10 minutes. Now I started baking for 9 minutes because I thought the 10 minute ones were a little dark.
 Warm from the oven.  You have to sample one while it is warm.  I won't tell anyone.
Now you are ready for your May the Fourth Be With You party tonight.  I think you will like these.

Wookiee Cookie Recipe

2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup softened butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375.  Bake for 9-10 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment