Monday, January 23, 2017

Gingerbread Sugar Scrub

I know it is after the holidays but who doesn't love the smell of fresh gingerbread cookies?  I found this sugar scrub recipe around the holidays but didn't have time to try it.  The other day I found this cute little jar and thought it would be perfect for the scrub. I mixed up a batch and had a little left over and tried it that day.  I love the smell.  It's just like my gingerbread cookies.  I love how it made my legs feel after I shaved them.  It was great.  I probably won't use it on my face since I have oily skin and the coconut oil leaves a moisturizing layer  on your skin but it's great on your arms and legs.
The cute little air tight container I found.
Looks like I am making cookies.
Start with 1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cloves.  It's already smelling good.
Mix well.  Smash any lumps you might have.
Then the recipe said 1/3 to 1/2 cup coconut oil.  Now mine is solid coconut oil so I had to think a minute about whether or not to melt it.
Well I did melt it in the microwave for a few seconds. I put close to 1/2 cup in.
Pour in.
Then start mixing.  Still smelling good.
Got my jar ready.
And filled the jar.  I keep it by the tub.
I had this little bit left over and used it right away in the tub.  It was so nice.  I'm thinking this might make some good Christmas gifts next year.  So forget  you ever saw this okay?

Gingerbread Sugar Scrub Recipe

1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/3 to 1/2 cup melted coconut oil


No comments:

Post a Comment