Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Homemade Pimento and Cheese

During the holidays I wanted to make some pimento and cheese for a cheese tray I was making.  I found this recipe and I have already made it a couple of times.  I will never buy pimento and cheese again.  This is the best p&c I have ever had.  And it was easy to make too!  A winning combination.  It is great on crackers.  It is great in a sandwich.  So next time you are at the store buy some pimentos and keep them in the pantry so you can mix up a batch one day.
This is so nice and creamy. I find that sometimes the tubs you buy in the store have a bit of a gritty texture to it. 
This is all you need to make the perfect pimento and cheese.
Start with 8 oz softened cream cheese.
1/2 cup mayo.  I used light for both the cream cheese and the mayo.
1/2 teaspoon dried mustard
1/2 teaspoon onion powder.  You can also use 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder too.
1/4 teaspoon paprika.  I had a sweet paprika that I used.
Drain a 4 oz jar of pimentos.
Mix all that well.
Then add 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese.  It would be fun to try different combinations of cheese.
Mix well.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
This was my cheese tray for Christmas Eve Eve dinner.

Homemade Pimento and Cheese Recipe
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
8 oz softened cream cheese
1/2 cup mayo
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
4 oz pimentos drained
1/2 teaspoon dried mustard


No comments:

Post a Comment