Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Perfectly Baked Sweet Potatoes

You know how I feel when I find a recipe that calls itself perfect or the best.  I found this recipe and had to try it.  I will let you know as I go what I think about this "perfect" recipe.
I know this looks like a fall meal but you can't go wrong with sweet potatoes year round.
 I had a couple of sweet potatoes that needed to be used.  Wash them.
 Place the potatoes in a baking dish.  Make sure you have enough room.
Make a slit in the potato.
 Add enough water so that you have 1/4-1/2 inch in the bottom of the pan.  The potatoes are actually going to be steamed.
 Cover tightly with foil.  Add to a preheated 350 oven and bake for an hour.  Now here is my comments. I should have cooked my potatoes probably about 15-20 minutes longer.  They were not really soft in the middle.  They weren't bad but not good and soft.  They were harder to peel than when you coat the outside with some oil. I think I will go back to my old way of making sweet potatoes but give it a try for yourself.  You might enjoy these potatoes.
Peel and then add some butter, cinnamon and sugar.  Nothing better than a good sweet potato.

No comments:

Post a Comment