Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Chicken Parmesan

For some reason lately I have been trying Chicken Parm when I go out to different places.  I tried it at Tony's at Disney World and it was really good and I guess that got me started. Conner's Steakhouse has a really good one as well.  So I am trying to find the perfect recipe for home.  It actually is really easy to make at home with a few shortcuts.
This is so good with all the melted cheese on top.  And then a little fresh Parmesan cheese on top.
 I forgot to put the jar of spaghetti sauce out when I took this picture.
 My chicken comes from Fresh Market so they are still attached.  So trim them and cut them apart if needed.
 Now you get to work out some aggression but pounding your chicken.  I put it in a zip lock bag but you can put it between two pieces of saran wrap.  I don't like saran wrap because mine always sticks together when I pull it off the roll.  Use a meat tenderizer or a hammer to flatten the chicken.
 This flattens out to a huge piece of chicken.  You could cut it in half if you wanted to.
 Both pieces flattened.
 Now for the wash.  1/2 cup water.
 Add an egg to the water and mix well.
 I placed it into a dish
 Now for the crust.  1 1/2 cups bread crumbs.  I could have used about half of this.
 4 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese.  I used the green container parmesan cheese.
 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning.  They had different herbs listed and I will place them in the recipe.  I just cut all those out and did one mixture.
 Mix this well.
 Dredge the chicken in the egg mixture.
 Then place in the breadcrumb mixture.
 I placed them on a parchment lined baking dish.  I should have used a cookie sheet with sides.  I used the parchment for easy cleanup.  You can just spray a dish.
 Then if you have a mister mist the top with olive oil.  If you do not have one lightly spray the top with a cooking spray. Place in a preheated 400 oven.  Bake for 40 minutes.
 While the chicken is cooking I cook my noodles and heat my sauce.  You can use your own homemade sauce or for a shortcut a jarred sauce.  I used Paul Newman this time and it was really good.  Had chunks of onions and peppers. After the 40 minutes take the chicken out of the oven.
 I have these two dishes that are perfect for chicken parm.  They can go in the oven so perfect for melting the cheese.  I put the noodles.  I use angel hair because that is what we like but any noodles will work. Put a layer of sauce on top.
 Place the chicken on top.
 Add a thin layer of sauce on top of chicken.
 Then mozzarella cheese on top of the chicken.  Place it back in the oven.  I turned my up to broil and kept an eye on it until the cheese melts.
 I like how the cheese melts down on the noodles.  A whole lot of yumminess there.
Add some fresh Parmesan cheese on top and dig in.  Plates will be hot.

Chicken Parmesan Recipe

egg wash
1 egg + 1/2 cup water mixed

crumb mixture
1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
4 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese
1 Tablespoon oregano
1 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon garlic

or you can use 1 Tablespoon Italian seasonings like I did

noodles cooked per the box
jar of spaghetti sauce
chicken breast

Bake in a preheated 400 oven for 40 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment