Monday, February 22, 2016

Vapor Rub Shower Cubes

Here is another recipe for a bath craft. It might seem a little late in the season for a vapor rub bath craft but I think they can be used year round.  I love how the smell will really open up the sinuses. There are a few things I would do different next time and I will share them with you as we go. I think you will enjoy these as much as I do.
I bought a cheap ice tray to used for this craft.  But you could use anything that you might have at  home.  The silicone molds work well.  I thought these were a good size.
 These couldn't be any easier.  I bought a generic Vick's vapor rub.
 1 cup cornstarch
 3 Tablespoons vapor rub
 2 Tablespoons water.  It says you can use more and next time I might add an additional teaspoon or two.
 Then a little color.  It said to add a drop of green and blue but I had turquoise gel color and used that.  Although the food coloring might have added a little more liquid to the mix.
 Stir, stir, stir.  When the vapor rub gets warm from the stir it will mix a little better.  It was crumbly so I think a little more liquid might help next time.  Add just a little as you go.
 Then put in the molds.
 Tap it down.  I need to find something that will fit inside the mold that will press it down better.  I think that is part of why they came apart a little.   Then need to really be packed well.
 Here is my finished mold.  Let sit to dry.  I left my for two days.
 Then I turned them out on wax paper to contain the crumbs.  A couple broke.  I just poured them straight into my bath that night.
Store these and use as needed.  I really liked mine.  It wasn't too strong but helped open up the sinuses.  The cornstarch is nice too.

Vapor Rub Shower Cubes Recipe
3 Tablespoons vapor rub
1 cup cornstarch
2 Tablespoons water
food color


No comments:

Post a Comment