Friday, February 12, 2016

Crispy Cajun Shrimp Fettuccine

A couple of weeks ago I discovered that frozen shrimp were a pretty good thing to have in your freezer.  There are so many quick and easy things you can do with them.  They thaw really fast too which is a plus on those nights when you are running behind getting dinner ready.  I had found this recipe a while back and it looked good  It was the perfect dish for Mardi Gras.
This dinner was the perfect excuse to use my new bowls that a dear friend gave me for my birthday.  They were perfect for holding all the noodles.  And they are a little nod to Valentine's Day that is coming up too.
 I have learned to keep some heavy whipping cream in the fridge because there are always recipes that call for a little.  Also keep some fresh Parmesan cheese in the fridge.  It is so much better than the green can version.
 I used a zip lock bag to coat my shrimp just for ease of cleanup.  First thing to do is to peel and clean your shrimp.  My frozen shrimp had the shells off I just removed the tails, then I realized I needed to clean out the line on them.  It was easy though with a paring knife.  So I put the shrimp in the bag, and added 1 Tablespoon cajun seasoning. Use whatever brand you like.
 Then add 2 Tablespoons flour.  Next time I make this and yes there will be a next time, I am going to only add 1 Tablespoon to the bag and then the second Tablespoon to the sauce.  I'll explain more later.
 Add 1 Tablespoon butter
 and 1Tablespoon olive oil to the skillet.  When melted and hot
 Add the shrimp and cook them until they are pink.  Remove from the pan.
 I turned the heat down on the pan before I added the cream  Add 1 cup heavy cream.
 Then 1 cup chicken broth.  Cook until the sauce starts to get thick.
 Then add 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
 I forgot to add that while I was doing all this other stuff I was cooking my fettuccine noodles.  When the cheese is melted add the noodles to the pot.
 Then put the shrimp back in and let get hot.
Dish up and add some additional fresh parmesan cheese on top. 

Crispy Cajun Shrimp Fettuccine Recipe

Fettuccine noodles cooked per box.
1 Tablespoons olive oil
1 Tablespoon butter
8-16 shrimp depending on size.  I used 16. Use as many shrimp as you want really.
1 Tablespoon cajun spice
2 Tablespoon flour
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment