Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Cape Cod Cranberry Loaf

This is another recipe from back during the holidays.  One of the things I love about the holidays is fresh cranberries. I never realized how many things you can make with fresh cranberries.  This bread is good anytime of the day but it is really good for breakfast.  Cut you a piece, spread a little butter on it and lightly toast it.  I think you will like it. 

This recipe makes one nice size loaf.  You could make it in the small loaf pans if you would like to give some away or freeze a loaf or two.  It might make three but I now it would make two good small loaves. 
I know you have seen the bags of fresh cranberries in the produce section.  Buy a bag or two next year.  Buy three and put one in the freezer.  One day I want to go and watch them harvest the cranberries.
Rinse and look through the cranberries and discard any that are soft or bad.
Start by melting 4 Tablespoons of butter.
2 eggs
Add the melted butter after it has cooled a little
Zest from one orange
Then juice the orange
You need 1/2 cup of the juice.
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup walnuts.  You can use any nut you like but the walnuts go really well with the cranberries and orange.
Measure out 2 cups cranberries
Rough chop them.
Then mix well.
Pour into a sprayed loaf pan.  Place in a preheated 375 oven and bake 55-60 minutes.
I have to share my new trivets.  I found these at the craft show in December.  I thought they were really cute.  They had all kinds of shapes and sizes.
The bread fresh and warm from the oven.

Cape Cod Cranberry Loaf Recipe

1 large orange-zested and juiced
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
4 Tablespoons melted butter
2 cups chopped fresh cranberries
3/4 cup walnuts

Bake 55-60 minutes at 375.

No comments:

Post a Comment