Thursday, February 16, 2017

Raspberry & Pear Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette

During our cruise we had a really nice raspberry salad one night with a raspberry dressing.  So when I came home I wanted to create something like that at home.  I really grew to love raspberries on this trip.  They had the sweetest berries on the trip.  For the salad you can pretty much add what you like. I like the nice dark spring greens.  I added some sliced red pear, raspberries, and red bell peppers.  I meant to add some sugared pecans but forgot.  You could also add some feta cheese,  It makes a nice spring salad. 
Isn't that a pretty salad?  Fruit added to salads are really nice. 
Okay this is all you need for the raspberry dressing.  Look at those berries.  I have since bought more just to eat on.  They are really good for you too.
I used my bullit jar with my food processor but you could use an immersion blender if you like.  Add about 1/2 cup fresh raspberries. I didn't measure.
1/2 cup olive oil
3 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar.  I really like balsamic vinegar.  It gives it a little bite.
Add a little honey and salt and pepper.
Then blend it.  Isn't that pretty.  You could strain out the seeds but I really didn't notice a lot of seeds in the dressing.  Actually I didn't want to go to the trouble.
Dress your salad and enjoy.  You can store the dressing in a sealed jar in the fridge.

Raspberry Vinaigrette Recipe

1/2 cup fresh raspberries
1/2 cup olive oil
3 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 Tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
honey
salt and pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment