Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Cookies Recipe

 It’s fall y’all! Now I don’t get all crazy about pumpkin spice but I do like a little of the flavors of fall. I must admit to y’all that my husband wrinkled up his nose when I told him they were pumpkin spice cookies. It didn’t take him long to tell me how much he really liked them. They have a very subtle pumpkin spice flavor. I hope you enjoy them as much as we did.



You start with two sticks softened butter and 1 1/2 cups brown sugar. Pack that sugar in.

Whip the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. My sugar was probably too soft when I mind these. Also I had some lumps in my brown sugar. I tried to break them up before I put it in the bowl. You want to mix for about 2 minutes. It’s a balancing act to mix enough but not too much that the cookies turn out tough.

Add two eggs. Break in a bowl so if some shell gets in it is easier to see and remove. These are locally farm fresh eggs.

Add 1 teaspoon vanilla. I usually add a little bit more.

I like using this vanilla. It is a thicker flavoring. You can see the vanilla bean bits in it. You can find this in Walmart or Hobby Lobby in the cake decorating section. There is also a flavoring called Princess that is nice for buttercream icing.

Now add 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon baking soda.  Mix well after adding.

Add 1 1/2 cups plain flour. Mix well.


Add 3 1/4 cups quick cooking oats. Mix well. Scrap down the sides.


Like I said my butter was very soft, so I put the dough in the fridge to chill for a little bit to firm up before scooping it up.


Perfectly firm now to bake. I am going to bake these tonight. Preheat oven to 350. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool on baking sheet for about 10 minutes.


These are going in the freezer to flash freeze. Tomorrow I will put them in a labeled zip lock bag so I can have fresh cookies whenever I would like some.


Pumpkin spice oatmeal cookies recipe

2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 1/2 cups plain flour

1 cup softened butter

1 1/2 cups brown sugar

2 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla

3 1/4 cups quick cooking oats.

Preheat oven to 350. Bake for 10-12 minutes.

If you do not have pumpkin pie spice you can make your own 1 Tablespoon cinnamon, 1 teaspoon nutmeg, 1 teaspoon ginger, 1/2 teaspoon cloves.

If you do not have quick cook oats you can make those as well. Take the measured old fashioned oats and put them in a blender or food processor and pulse a couple of times.

You can add 1 1/2 cups chopped nuts, white chocolate chips or chocolate chips or any combination of the three.


No comments:

Post a Comment