Wednesday, September 18, 2019

New Mexico Chile Stuffed Pork Tenderloin

This is the last of the Hatch chilies recipes.  You really should go and get some and try them.  Fresh Market is the only place I have found them around here.  There could be other places.  I will admit that this did not turn out pretty at all.  Some things I would do very differently.
The first problem I had was that my pork tenderloin wasn't one piece but two.  The recipe called for a butterflied piece.  I had this one in the freezer and wasn't sure.  Next time I would make sure.
It also called for red bell peppers but I had green so I used that.  Red would have made it more colorful, they are also a little sweeter.
Start with 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese.
1 1/2 cup Hatch chilies diced.
One chopped onion
2 red bell peppers finely diced.
So this was my pork tenderloin.  Most do come in two pieces.
I tried cutting a small slit in the middle to stuff some of the mixture inside.
Then I put some on both sides.
Then put the two sides together.  I didn't have any twine so I used the skewers.  It doesn't look pretty.
Add it to the roasting pan.
Add chicken broth to the bottom of the pan.
Take 2 Tablespoons butter.
Melt the butter
Brush it on top.  Add salt and pepper.
Cover the pan. Place in a preheated 350 oven.  It says to cook it 40 minutes but mine need a lot longer.  Also after the 40 minutes under the cover it came out not very pretty because it had no color to it.  I put it back in to brown it up a little bit.
I took it out a second time but it still didn't look done.  I turned the broiler on and let it stay under it for a while to brown up and cook through.
I would do things a little bit differently next time but it was good.

Hatch Chile Stuffed Pork Tenderloin Recipe

1 package pork tenderloin butterflied
1 large onion
2 red bell peppers
1 1/2 cup Hatch chilies
2 Tablespoons butter melted
salt and pepper
1/2 cup chicken broth
3/4 cup mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 350.  Depending on the size of your tenderloin bake for 40 minutes.  I would almost bake it without covering the pan.  Let stand 10 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment