Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Cheesy Hatch Green Chile Dip

You might not know this but it is Hatch Chile season.  Let me explain.  There is a town in New Mexico named Hatch.  As it was explained to me it is like Vidalia, Georgia with the onions, they grow the majority of these peppers. Last fall the husband spent several weeks in New Mexico and had these peppers on everything they ate.  He said several people even shipped some back.  Well last weekend he noticed Fresh Market was roasting them.  Thus, started my search for recipes.  Oh and did I mention we played New Mexico State in football last weekend?  It seemed like the perfect tie in.
This nice cheesy dip was very good and with a slight hint of heat.
Take some time and roast the peppers the day before.  There will be a post on that tomorrow.
Start with 1 cup sour cream
1 cup mayo
2 teaspoon steak sauce
fresh ground pepper
salt
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.  You can use the kind in the green can but fresh is always better.
Chop your green chiles.  The recipe calls for 1 cup mild roasted Hatch chilies and 1.2 cup roasted hot chilies.  I wasn't sure if these were hot or mild so I didn't add as many as the recipe called for.  Yesterday when I roasted and peeled them I used gloves but still I got some in my eye and it burned.  So I wasn't taking any chances.
Mix everything together.
Place in a baking dish.  
Add some additional cheese on top. Place in a preheated 375 oven and bake for 25 minutes or until it is nice and bubbly.  I turned the broiler on to get the top nice and golden brown.

Nice and bubbly brown.  Serve with taco chips or sliced bread pieces.


Cheesy Hatch Green Chile Dip Recipe

1 cup chopped mild roasted Hatch chilies
1/2 cup chopped roasted hot Hatch chilies
1 cup mayo
1 cup sour cream
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
2 teaspoon steak sauce
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
taco chips or bread.

Preheat oven to 375.  Bake 25 minutes or until brown and bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment