Monday, December 21, 2015

Paula Deen's Ooey Gooey Butter Cake

I made this recipe the other day to take to a special friend for Christmas.  It's an easy recipe to make and it is a great gift to give to someone.  I made it in a disposable pan but you could also make it in a 9x13 baking dish.
I added a sprinkle of powdered sugar on top.  You can do that if you like.
 This recipe doesn't take much to make.  Just a little time.
 Start by melting 1 stick of butter or 8 Tablespoons.
 Add the yellow cake mix to the butter.
 Add 1 egg.
 Mix.  The batter will be thick.
 Spray the bottom of your baking dish.  Then press the cake batter in the bottom.  Try to make it even.
 Then take 8 oz of softened cream cheese.
 1 teaspoon vanilla
 2 eggs
 Mix well.
 Then add a 1 lb box of confectioners sugar.  Now I buy my powdered sugar in bulk to I had to search for how many cups that would be.  I found two answers: 3 1/2 and 3 3/4 cups.  So I used somewhere in the middle of those two.
 Mix that well.
 Pour on top of the crust.  Spread it out.  Place in a preheated 300 oven.  Bake for 40-50 minutes.   You want it to be nice and golden brown but still a little jiggly in the middle.
And this is the finished product.  Good enough to eat. If you like this type of cake there are many different variations of it.

Paula Deen's Ooey Gooey Butter Cake Recipe.

1 yellow cake mix
1 egg
8 Tablespoons butter melted

8 oz softened cream cheese
2 eggs
1 box or 3 1/2-3 3/4 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 300.  Bake 40-50 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment