Thursday, April 7, 2016

Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies with Secret Ingredient

I realized last week that I had not made chocolate chip cookies for my blog.  I don't know how I have gone this long without making them.  I add a special ingredient to my batter that I will be sharing with you today.
You can't go wrong with a good homemade chocolate chip cookie.
 This is the recipe that is on the back of the chocolate chips bag.
 Start with 2 sticks softened butter and 3/4 cup sugar
 3/4 cup brown sugar
 Mix well.
 2 eggs
 1 teaspoon baking soda
 1 teaspoon salt
 1 teaspoon vanilla
 This is the special ingredient.  A 3 oz package of instant vanilla pudding mix.  Add the powder to the dough.
 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
 2 cups chocolate chips.  You can add a cup of chopped nuts if you like too.
 Scoop out on a parchment lined cookie sheet.  Place in a preheated 375 oven for 9-11 minutes
You know you have to sample one while they are still warm.  Nothing like a warm fresh cookie.

Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe

1 cup softened butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375.  Bake for 9-11 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment