Thursday, January 15, 2015

Easy Buttercream Icing

Monday I was looking for something to make for the Championship Game and since everything I had already thought about was red I had to find something I could make either green or yellow.  I decided on making cupcakes, so then I had to look for icing.  This is a new recipe.  I now have several to choose from. This icing didn't make a whole lot but it was enough for the cupcakes.
They turned out the perfect Duck green. Too bad the Ducks didn't win.
You probably have everything you would need to throw together this icing.
Start with 1 stick softened butter.
4 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar.  Add about 2 cups at a time and mix well between.  Scrap the sides down well too.
5 Tablespoons milk
1 1/2 teaspoon clear vanilla.  If you do not have clear vanilla you could use almond.  But you do need to use clear because the dark will make you icing look dirty.
Mix well.  Add whatever color you need.
Put it in a piping bag to ice your cupcakes.  We were ready for the ballgame.  We didn't have a lot of luck this year with the teams we pulled for.  I think there are less that 250 days until kick off again.

Easy Buttercream Icing Recipe

1 stick softened butter
4 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
5 Tablespoons milk



No comments:

Post a Comment