Monday, June 10, 2013

Roasted Garlic

Before I bring you today's new recipe I want to share with you some new things.  I have created a new Dinner with the Grobmyers Facebook page.  You can go to the page and like it as another way to see my recipes and other things I share there.  I have been sharing helpful hints and some kitchen gadgets.  Share the news with friends and family members.  I am almost up to 100 likes.  Help me share this page.  I also have a Twitter page.  I haven't done much with it because I am still learning how to navigate that form of social media.  You can find me there as BethGrobmyer.  Now on to the recipe.

A couple of years ago we visited a friend of ours in Gilroy, California.  Gilroy is the garlic capital of the US.  They have a Garlic Festival and everything.  He took us to a steak place and they brought a plate of roasted garlic along with the bread. Now we are not big garlic people.  We use it a little.  But this roasted garlic was wonderful on the bread.  It was just like butter.  They also brought roasted cloves on top of the steak too.  We finally decided we would try this at home.
It doesn't take much to roast garlic.
First thing you need to do is take a couple of the papery layers off the outside, and then slice off a thin layer of the top.  This exposes the cloves of garlic.
You don't have to have a garlic roaster, you can use heavy foil.
Drizzle about 1-2 Tablespoons of olive oil on and around the garlic.
Then salt and pepper it a little.
Pull up the foil around and twist a little to seal it in.
Set it in some kind of oven ready dish.  Place in a preheated 375 oven.  Bake for about 45 minutes.
You will want a loaf of bread.  Wrap in foil and put in the oven too.
After 45 minutes take out of the oven.  Be careful of the steam.
There's a couple of ways to get the cloves out.  You can use a small fork or squeeze them out.
Here are my pieces.  The web site I found for roasting garlic also said you could take all the pieces out before roasting and put them on a dish with olive oil and roast them that way.
Take your pieces of bread.
Put a couple of cloves down the bread.
Then start spreading.  They should spread like butter.
I don't recommend going out in public after eatting this bread, but maybe watch a good vampire movie.


Roasted Garlic Recipe

garlic
olive oil
salt and pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment