Monday, September 21, 2026

Sheet Pan Smoked Sausage and Pierogies Dinner

 I found this recipe from a new lady I have started following.  She has some really good recipes and most are what I like to make quick and easy.  This recipe I used something I had never used before, pierogies.  I have seen them in the stores and I have seen them in restaurants on travel but have never cooked with them.  I think I will be using them again. If you are not sure what pierogies are they are little potato dumplings.  They can have other things mixed with them.  These had cheese. 

The best thing about this recipe is that everything is in one pan. 
The pierogies are found in the frozen food area of your local grocery stores.  These are four cheese.  
Start with a half head of cabbage.  I could have used a little more cabbage.  You use as much as you like.
Chop the cabbage into smaller pieces.  Place on the bottom of your pan. I lined mine with parchment just so cleanup will be easier. 
Slice up an onion.  Again use as much or as little as you like. 
It's just sliced in think rounds. 
Place on top of the cabbage. 
Salt 
and pepper 
Now you are going to drizzle with some olive oil.  When we were in Athens Greece this summer one of the things I wanted to bring back was some good olive oil.  This is the olive oil Sohpia helped me find. She said it was a good kind.  She said that kalamata olives, the purple ones, make the best olive oil.  So here we go.  This is the first time I have used it. 
Drizzle on the top of the cabbage/onions.
Toss to coat.
Now take your smoked sausage and slice into rounds.
Place on top of the cabbage.
These are the frozen pierogies.  I set them out of the freezer for a little bit before I started dinner. 
Place the pierogies around on top.
Sprinkle some paprika on top.
Then sprinkle some cajun seasonings around on top. 
I should have waited to make the sauce after I put them in the oven.  Start with 2 Tablespoons whole grain mustard.
2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 Tablespoon honey
Mix well. 
The sheet pan is ready for the oven.  Place in a preheated 375 oven.  Bake for 20 minutes. 
After 20 minutes take out of oven and toss.  Place back in oven for 20 minutes. 
It's out of the oven.  Now time for the sauce. 
Stir again. 
Drizzle the sauce around on top of the pan.  


Dish up and drizzle with more sauce if you need or want to. 

Sheet Pan Smoked Sausage and Pierogies Dinner Recipe
1/2 head of cabbage sliced
onion sliced
1/4 cup olive oil
salt and pepper
smoked sausage sliced
pierogies
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon cajun seasonings

2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 Tablespoons whole grain mustard
1 Tablespoon honey

Preheat oven to 375.  Bake for 20 minutes, toss and bake for another 20 minutes. 
















































No comments:

Post a Comment