Friday, September 13, 2024

Cherry Coconut Oatmeal Cookies

 I found this recipe at Cherry Republic when we were in Michigan. It took me. While to have the time to make these cookies but they were worth the wait. I bought a bag of  their dried Montmorency cherries. They are the dried versions of the cherries we picked when we were there. Cherries are my favorite and I always enjoy cherry season. 


They are so good. You could use regular dried cherries.


The recipe called for dark chocolate chips. I did not have any so I used some semi sweet chunks that I had. I’m sure whatever you have will be fine.


Start with two sticks butter, softened.

1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
Whip these together well. You want the sugar to be mixed well.
Add two eggs. Have your eggs at room temp.
Add 2 teaspoon vanilla. I like using the vanilla paste.

Add 2 cups old fashion oats.
Add 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda.
1 teaspoon salt
Add 1 1/2 cups plain flour.

Here is an upclose look at the dried cherries.
Add 1 cup of the dried cherries.
This is my chocolate chunks. Add 1/2 cup of whatever chocolate you add.
Add 1 1/3 cups coconut. 
Now mix everything up. Make sure all the chocolate and coconut is mixed throughout.
I scooped my cookies up on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Place in a preheated 350 oven. Bake for 10-15 minutes. A lot depends on how big you make your cookies. Start with 10 minutes and then just keep checking. I baked these.

These went into the freezer for later.

These were so good.the oatmeal, coconut, cherries and chocolate were a very good combination.

Cherry Coconut Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup softened butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/3 cups coconut
1 cup dried cherries
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350. Bake for 10-15 minutes





No comments:

Post a Comment