Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Chocolate sugar scrub

Okay I had to try this scrub recipe.  Who doesn't love chocolate? This is another good skin scrub recipe. 
I know it looks good enough to eat but don't.  It won't hurt you but I don't know if it would taste that great.  But it smells good. 
This recipe uses raw sugar as well as white sugar.  Raw sugar is just a larger grain of sugar.  Sugar is a good exfoliate.
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup raw sugar
1 Tablespoon cocoa powder.  You don't want to use more than 1 Tablespoon because it will stain you skin.
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Mix the dry ingredients well.
Now for the oil.  You can use olive oil, almond oil or even coconut oil.  I chose to use almond oil this time.  I think next time I would use the coconut oil because it actually feels better on my legs.
Add upwards of 1/4 cup oil.  Start small and then add to it.  I poured a little.
Mixed it.
Added a little more
Mix until you get the consistency you want.  I would probably use the whole 1/4 cup next time too.  Don't get me wrong the almond oil was good but it didn't leave the lotion feeling that the coconut oil did.  If you don't want that feeling almond oil is for you.
Store in an airtight container.  It will also leave a little behind in the tub as well.  Don't be shocked by the brown water.

Chocolate sugar scrub recipe

1/2 cup raw sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup oil  can be coconut, olive oil or sweet almond
Can also add chocolate shavings for decoration and Vitamin E oil


No comments:

Post a Comment