Thursday, January 12, 2017

Lemon Vinegar Bathroom Cleaner

I tried another homemade household cleaner.  This one works but it is my least favorite of the ones I have tried.  That is not to say I wouldn't make it again. I had to play around with this one because of the size of my spray bottle.
Vinegar is another one of those things you need to keep in your laundry room.  It has so many uses.  I will say this.  Be careful using vinegar around your granite countertops.  If too much or too often gets on your countertop it will eventually strip the smooth finish off the granite and you will have to have it resealed.
At first I started with 2 cups of water like the recipe calls for.
Then I had to go back to 1 cup water
1 cup vinegar
Cut up a lemon
Mix the water and vinegar in the bottle and add the cut lemon in the bottle.  Now let this sit for 2-3 weeks.  The lemon will over time cut through the vinegar smell. 
This is after about 2 1/2 weeks.  I thought it still smells too strong of vinegar.  It works as far as cleaning the bathroom and cutting through soap scum and hair spray.

Lemon Vinegar Bathroom Cleaner Recipe

1 lemon
2 cups water
2 cups vinegar

Place in a spray bottle and let sit for about 3 weeks.



No comments:

Post a Comment