Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Mozzarella and Parmesan Quick Bread

I made spaghetti for dinner last night and wanted some fresh homemade bread.  But I really didn't want to make a yeast bread and have to deal with kneading and rising and all that stuff that comes with yeast breads.  I found this recipe and what is better with spaghetti than cheese bread.  I use to make cheese muffins and this recipe reminds me of that but with different cheeses.
I had to show off my new Alabama cutting board that I got for Christmas.  It is perfect for breads.
 I will admit that I had to run to the store for buttermilk for this recipe.  When I picked it I thought I had some in the fridge.
 2 cups all purpose flour
 2 Tablespoons sugar
 1/2 teaspoon salt
 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
 1/4 cup melted butter
 1 cup buttermilk
 1 egg
 1 cup mozzarella cheese grated
 On top of the mozzarella cheese is 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese.  Mix well.
 Spray a loaf pan.  I think I might could have used a smaller loaf pan.  Place in a preheated 350 oven for 1 hour.
 It smells so good.
 Turn it out to cool a little bit before slicing.
Then serve with butter.

Mozzarella and Parmesan Quick Bread Recipe

2 cups all purpose flour
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk
1 egg
1/4 cup melted butter
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 350.  Bake for 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment