Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Chili Dog Casserole

I made this last night for dinner and my husband comes in from work and says " Oh good enchiladas."  No not enchiladas.  So he calls this meal red neck enchiladas.  He thinks that is what I should have called this recipe.
Chili dogs without the buns.
Take one flour tortilla and place one hot dog in it.  I could have used smaller flour tortillas.
Just roll the hot dog up in the tortilla.
Place one can of chili in the bottom of a 9x13 dish.  Spray the dish. I forgot this time.  Spread the chili out in the bottom.
Place the hot dogs in the pan seam side down.
They fit neatly across.
Pour the second can of chili across the top of the hot dogs.  You can use chili with or without bean.
Spread the chili across the top.
I added some chopped onions on top.  Can't have chili dogs without onions.
Add shredded cheese on top.
Cover in foil and place in a preheated 425 oven for 30 minutes.
It looks like enchiladas.
Looks good.  It is another good way of fixing chili dogs.

Chili Dog Casserole AKA Red Neck Enchiladas Recipe

I package hot dogs
8 flour tortillas
2 cans chili with or without beans
1 medium onion chopped
cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment